For Foothills DeAnza Governing Board
Education is vital to acquire knowledge and skills to match the changing needs of industry and society.
I am running for the Foothill-DeAnza Board, to ensure that our community colleges remain excellent and affordable for all.
Why I am running
Higher education is a key enabler for many to uplift themselves. It is vital to everyone but not everyone can afford a four-year college. I am running for the Foothill-DeAnza Board member position to ensure that our community colleges remain excellent and affordable for all. I will work to:
- Improve student success
- Improve transparency and accountability
- prioritize and ensure judicious use of bond money
- match programs to the changing needs of industry, region and society
- improve delivery of education
- honor and build community support
- The Board needs a fresh set of eyes, skills, and perspectives. I bring in a strong technical background that complements the existing board members whose experiences are different.
- We need to ensure students acquire knowledge and skills that match the changing needs of the industry. As a technology professional with over three decades of work experience, I bring to the Board my deep understanding of the changing needs of the industry.
- With my passion and a strong interest in education, I will contribute to shaping programs and their delivery systems for students of all ages.
- Current and new technologies are rapidly changing creation and delivery practices of educational materials. My training and work experience in the software industry spans five generations of changes in the computing and telecom sectors.
- There are many policy issues that need consideration at the Board level. I cover some of the important issues that Foothill-De Anza community college district faces. My priorities and goals are listed under specific categories: Student success, Transparency and Accountability, Match programs & industry needs, and Community interface. With these I will make a strong contribution to success of FHDA.
- It is critical to have an educational process that delivers top-quality education while ensuring the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
I humbly ask for your vote and support. I am ready and will be honored to serve the community and together we can build a better and resilient Foothill-De Anza community college district with improved student outcomes, fiscal accountability, and responsible leadership.
B. Tech (EE), MS (CSA), Certificate in Business Administration
A Vision For The Future
I envision some goals that will enhance board priorities and bring more value to the mission of the Foothill-De Anza community college district in line with its strategic plan . With my strong technical and industry background, I will help formulate and drive policies to achieve them.
There are many issues specific to the Foothill-De Anza district that need to be addressed by the Board. They are presented by categories on the Issues page. Click on the link below to review them.
Contribute to a Cause
Running for an elected office is a monumental task. One major aspect is funds to buy lawn signs and stakes, print flyers, and pay for many other expenses. To help bring a fresh perspective to the Foothill-De Anza board and help my candidature, please help us by making a donation, Thank you.